Paratus/Maxwell acceptable Use policy
This Acceptable Use Policy is an essential part of your relationship with Paratus /Maxwell Technology. By using your Paratus/Maxwell solution, you agree to all of the Terms and Policies set out in this document
General Terms and Policies
Paratus Telecommunications (Pty) Ltd / Maxwell Technology ( Pty) Ltd is a private company providing commercial connectivity solutions on either its own wholly owned networks or via partner networks. Paratus/ Maxwell and its Partner’s equipment and facilities may be used to send electronic mail, conduct commercial transactions, access the World Wide Web, newsgroups and private networks, engage in on-line chat
sessions, transfer files, enjoy audio and video programming, and otherwise participate in all legal aspects of the Internet (these uses are referred to in this document as “the Service”), subject to these Terms and Policies.
- The Service is provided to authorised persons or organisations (referred to in this document as “Subscriber” or “you”). Any use of the service is subject to any restrictions listed below. By using the Service, you agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Policies. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Policies, you must cancel your account immediately and may not thereafter use or attempt to use the Service.
- Paratus/Maxwell and it Partners grant you a non-exclusive right to access, use and display the Service on any computers or other electronic display devices of which you are a primary user. You may not assign, sub-license or transfer any rights or obligations of the Service without the express written consent of Paratus/Maxwell or it’s Partners.
VSAT Terms & Conditions
Bandwidth profiles shown above is the maximum speed (MIR) that is possible and is dependent on network congestion.
Throttling Steps on the Unlimited Packages: Please take note that these throttling steps will remain in place until the new Month kicks off again, we do not have any mechanism to increase the bandwidth during the month if you have used the allocated data as per the throttling steps below.
When the user reaches 200GB a FUP will be applied.
This included 120km’s round trip. all Km’s outside of the standard installation will be calculated and billed.
VoIP line Monthly Rental of R 92.00 per line, excludes charges for actual calls made.
Profile 10 first throttle at 200GB and lifted during free night time data period which is from 11pm to 5am.
Profile 20 first throttle at 200GB and lifted during free night time data period which is from 11pm to 5am.
If you are an individual Subscriber, these Terms and Policies apply to all persons who gain access through your account. If you are a commercial Subscriber, these Terms and Policies apply to all your employees, agents and/or customers. In either instance, a violation of these Terms and Policies by anyone using your account will be treated as a violation by you.
Grounds for Suspension and Termination
You agree to comply with these Terms and Policies, as well as the applicable rules, regulations and policies of any network, bulletin board, newsgroup, web site or Internet Service Provider accessed through the Service. Any violation of these Terms and Policies or the other rules, regulations or policies noted above may serve as cause for Paratus/Maxwell to suspend or terminate your account. You agree that Paratus/Maxwell has the right, with or without notice, to suspend or terminate your account upon the first or subsequent occurrence of any of the following:
- Using the Service in a way which constitutes violation of any applicable statute, law, court order, tariff, regulation, or treaty (including, but not limited to, intellectual property, communications, privacy, criminal and international law)
- Using the Service in a manner intended to abuse or violate the privacy or property rights of others, including but not limited to sending of unsolicited bulk email (“spamming”); this ground for suspension or termination and is separate from any additional fees which will result from such activity
- Using the Service in an attempt to break security, or so as to actually break security of any computer network (including the Service itself), or to access an account, message, or file which does not belong to you
- Using the Service in such a way as to forge or misrepresent headers, addresses, or other identification in electronic mail or USENET postings, or using any other method to disguise the sender/s identity or location
- Excessively using the Service in such a way as to limit the bandwidth available to others, including, but not limited to sending email traffic, or the use of ping, e-mail check, excessive IRC logging, or any automated program with the sole intent of creating a continuous connection
- Posting commercial messages to a USENET group where the posting is not approved by the specific USENET group in its charter
- Using the Service to operate server programs, including, but not limited to IRC servers, game servers, ftp servers, Web servers, or streaming audio/video servers. You may run an email server. Maxwell Technology will monitor the usage in accordance with clause e.
- Using the Service to promote or solicit competing Internet services
- Using the Service for unauthorised relays through any third party systems
- Attempting, in any way, to interfere with or deny service to any user or any host on the Internet
- Using the Service for mail-bombing, which includes any instance where multiple messages are sent to a specific destination with the intent to render the recipient and/or the electronic system serving the recipient dysfunctional
- Using the Service to add or attempt to add addresses to any mailing list (yours or a third party/ies) without the explicit positive consent of the addressee(s)
- Using the Service to forward or post “chain letters” (multiple forwarding) of any type
- Attempting to cancel, supersede, or otherwise interfere with e-mail or USENET posts other than your own
- Engaging in harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages
- Using the Service to engage in sync flood attacks, which are defined as overburdening a recipient computer system by sending a high volume of spurious data which effective impedes or totally disables functionality of the recipient system(s), or any other methods of denial-of-service attacks
- Furnishing false data on your sign-up form, contract, or online application, including providing fraudulent credit card or other payment information
- Using the Service in a manner which is harmful to the business reputation or interests of Paratus/Maxwell and it Partners.
Please refer to www.maxwell.co.za for a comprehensive list of Terms and Conditions and Fair Usage Policy.
You agree not to access or attempt to access private areas of the Service. You agree to notify Paratus/Maxwell as soon as you become aware of an unauthorised use of your account and/or any breach or attempted breach of security on the Service.
You understand and agree that information and access available through the Service may include controversial, sexually explicit, or other material that may be offensive to you or users for whom you are responsible. Paratus/Maxwell and it Partners has no responsibility for or control over such materials, and you take sole responsibility for using any available screening software or other methods of limiting access (specifically including the access of minors) to any material you may find objectionable.